Player/Cheer Certification Information
Spring 2017 Season
April 01, 2017: TYFA Player/Coach Certification Day-MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS/CHEERLEADERS
Where: John Paul Stevens High School
Address: 600 N Ellison Dr, San Antonio, TX 78251
Time: 9AM (players and cheerleaders are required to be there 1 hour prior to our scheduled time)
Certification is the process in which the league (TYFA) verifies all players to ensure they are the correct age and playing with the correct age groups. It is MANDATORY that all players be in attendance in order to get certified to play in TYFA. In order for a child to participate in TYFA events, they must have a profile in the TYFA web application.
A WEEK BEFORE CERTIFICATION
It is the Guardian’s responsibility to complete several processes to help prepare their child for TYFA’s certification. Parents, you will receive a verification email from TYFA a week before our certification day once your child’s info has been uploaded into the TYFA Online Certification System. Once you have received the email you will need to verify the information contained in the email, complete your child’s profile and sign the consent form. If this is not done, your child will not be allowed to play. So please check your email, so that you do not miss the email from the TYFA. If you have not received the email a week before our certification day, please let your head coach or team mom know ASAP. Please read the instructions listed below to help you complete the required processes.
On the day of certification, we will require the following to be brought with your child:
- The Original State issued Birth Certificate (not the one with the baby feet on it). If you do not have the BC, you can use one of the alternate proof of birth documents listed below.
- Copy of one of the report cards from the 2015/2016 school year (this only applies to Midget age group thru Seniors. Flag players do not have to show that document.
- $20.00 Cash for league certification fee
If you do not have the Original Birth Certificate, you can use one of the following approved alternate proof of birth documents:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Military ID card
- Valid State issued ID card
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
- The first email you will receive will be titled: Welcome to TYFA – Athlete Registration Click on the link in that email to activate your account. It will take you to a link where you need to create a password and log you into the system. PLEASE write and remember your password.
- Once you are in, please scroll through and verify that your child’s information and your information is correct.
- On the next page you need to verify your player is listed to play with the Tri-County Titans.
- Once you confirm that, you will receive another email with the subject line “Please sign TYFA Athlete Contract: (your players name)” asking you to sign your contract. Please click on the link to sign the contract. You will have to click on the check box in each section and then sign it at the bottom.
- You will receive 1 final email once that is completed which is a copy of the TYFA Athlete Contract. Please log into your player’s profile and verify you see the following:
For those that need to finish the contract portion:
Log on to your players’ profile at www.tyfasportsnetwork.com – enter your username and password you created when you first validated your email
Click on the button that says “check contract status”
Once you do that, it should tell you your next step is to attend a certification event. Once you see that, the contract is complete.
Please contact your head coach or team manager if you have questions.