Player/Cheer Certification Information
Fall 2017 Season
August 19, 2017: TYFA Player/Coach Certification Day-MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS/CHEERLEADERS
Where: San Antonio Event Center
Address: 8111 Meadow Leaf Dr, San Antonio, TX 78227
Time: 9AM (players and cheerleaders are required to be there 1 hour prior to our scheduled time)
Certification is the process in which the league (TYFA) verifies all players to ensure they are the correct age and playing with the correct age groups. It is MANDATORY that all players be in attendance in order to get certified to play in TYFA. In order for a child to participate in TYFA events, they must have a profile in the TYFA web application.
A WEEK BEFORE CERTIFICATION
It is the Guardian’s responsibility to complete several processes to help prepare their child for TYFA’s certification. Parents, you will receive a verification email from TYFA a week before our certification day once your child’s info has been uploaded into the TYFA Online Certification System. Once you have received the email you will need to verify the information contained in the email, complete your child’s profile and sign the consent form. If this is not done, your child will not be allowed to play. So please check your email, so that you do not miss the email from the TYFA. If you have not received the email a week before our certification day, please let your head coach or team mom know ASAP. Please read the instructions listed below to help you complete the required processes.
On the day of certification, we will require the following to be brought with your child:
- The Original State issued Birth Certificate (not the one with the baby feet on it). If you do not have the BC, you can use one of the alternate proof of birth documents listed below.
- Copy of one of the report cards from the 2016/2017 school year (this only applies to Tykes age group thru Seniors. Flag players do not have to show that document.)
If you do not have the Original Birth Certificate, you can use one of the following approved alternate proof of birth documents:
- Valid Passport
- Valid Military ID card
- Valid State issued ID card
INSTRUCTIONS TO COMPLETE ONLINE REGISTRATION
- The email you will receive will be titled: Welcome to TYFA – Athlete Registration
Click on the link in that email to activate your account. It will take you to a webpage where you need to create a password and log you into the system. PLEASE write and remember your password.
- Once you are in, please scroll down and complete the remaining information for your child and verify all information is correct.
- On the next page, click the sign contract button. This will take you to another screen to complete the contract.
- Please Click on each box, sign the bottom of the contract and click the blue box that says “Click to Sign”. Once the contract is signed, you will receive an email with a copy of the signed contract.
- The Final step for the online certification process will be the payment screen. Please follow the instructions on the next page you are taken to to submit payment.
- After payment is processed, please verify you see the following: